Monday, December 7, 2009

Weekend Fun!


Phew! Such a busy weekend!

Friday we drove to Lincoln and stayed at G-ma's house so we could get up and go to the Star City Parade(our advent calendar activity for Saturday) in the morning. We ended up getting there much later than I had hoped,but we managed to snag a pretty good spot. The boys were good and didn't complain at all-even though it was cold! This was our first time taking them,and they loved it--even Eli,who is already pretty jaded at the age of {8}(I swear he's already entering adolescence)
After the parade Jeromie had the insane idea to go to the Children's Museum-it was 1:00...that means already past nap time. Not to mention the kids had been drinking tons of hot chocolate and eating junk like cotton candy all morning,I thought it would be a disaster...but,it wasn't-it was actually fun. The kids were well behaved and the place was pretty empty. We were having so much fun we ended up staying there for over 2 hours before someone said they were hungry. Soooo,we drove to CiCi's Pizza(YUCK-it was Eli and Josh's choice)for-a late lunch/early dinner where Josh BEGGED for one more night at G-ma's-we caved...mostly because at that point neither of us wanted to drive home. After a quick trip trip to PetSmart(Josh wanted to look at the  animals after we ate) we drove back to G-ma Heidi's-Josh&Peyton finally napped on the way there,but it was a short one. Sunday we said good-bye to Grams and made a quick shopping trip before heading home. 
Here are a few pics from our trip-my rechargeable batteries pooped out at the beginning of the parade,so I didn't get as many pictures as I wanted to,but here are the few I did take...



No comments: