Sickie cuddle bugs-P fell asleep.
Thursday, March 22, 2012
SICK.
Rough week you guys. Josh was in the ER Sunday afternoon/night with fever/stomach pains,which the doctor was thinking might be appendicitis. Not one-but 2 cat scans later we were relieved to find out it was not his appendix. So after a day of many blood draws, an IV, and various tests we were sent home with the instructions to keep him home Monday and watch him for any more serious stomach pains (which had subsided). Probably a flu virus. That night Josh spiked a fever-104.9...this was the STUPID ear thermometer so it's not the most accurate. DON'T EVER BUY ONE. Cold cloths, lukewarm-cool bath, ibuprofen and 20 minutes later he was down to 99.8. I barely slept that night. He ran low grade temps the next day,but no tummy issues. Monday night he started complaining about his throat. The temps tarted spiking again in the 103-104's. Took him to the doctor Tuesday-STREP. His throat looked AWFUL. Bright red,white spots all over. OUCH. Apparently, the scarlet fever he suffered a while back will mean he will be more susceptible to catching strep from now on. Great. After a few doses of antibiotic his fever was under control, but his throat is still red and splotchy. He is starting to eat a little more now, so I think he's turned a corner. HOWEVER...Peyton caught it too! High fever,sore throat with white spots yesterday-another kid with Strep! So...lots of cuddles,meds,cold compresses,TV time,and popsicles for these two. :(
Sickie cuddle bugs-P fell asleep.
Peyton spiked a few really high fevers. I was changing those cold rags every 2 minutes. Poor baby:(
*UPDATE 3/23: Josh went back to school today! Hooray! Peyton had a rough night and just woke up--it's after 9. Jeromie's sick now too...not with strep though. I have been fighting it off for a couple days, but I refuse to be sick..I have too much to do!!!!!! Like blog and look at things on Pinterest. j/k...kind of. This weekend is supposed to be gorgeous so I am going to get to work on making us all better by tomorrow-wish me luck! Happy Friday y'all!
Sickie cuddle bugs-P fell asleep.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment