Monday, August 22, 2011

Josh's First Day of Kindergarten!!

Peyton wanted a picture too:)
Joshua is LOVING school so far-and I am relieved!! Most of the summer he was dreading it,telling me he was scared,didn't want to go,wanted to be stay home with Mommy and Peyton. I felt awful and was dreading it myself. Josh has always been painfully shy,as a toddler he might cry if someone said "Hi" to him--remember this at the Children's Museum,Melaney?? He did well in preschool,earned praise from his teachers for his intelligence and excellent behavior,made friends easily,but still struggled with anxiety over social situations. Over the summer he started to slowly come out of his shell. He started checking books out at the library by himself,could talk to adults without hiding behind me. At Open House the night before school he started to get EXCITED for school,he couldn't wait to explore the classroom,play on the "big" playground,and eat lunch at school. I was still a little worried that might change in the morning but,when he woke up-very early I might add-he was even more excited than the previous night! He ate his requested first day breakfast of sausage,toast and fruit while asking when it would be time to leave. He walked in with his head held high,gave me a hug and kiss and said good-bye. I cried a bit,but I know he's ready and I'm proud of my little man. When I picked him up in the afternoon he came running and jumped into my arms,he said "I LOVE KINDERGARTEN!!" I can't believe he is at this stage already,I look back at this blog which I started when he was one and was named after him and remember each and every moment as if it was yesterday. Peyton is really enjoying his one on one time with Mama-and so am I! He's even taking naps again!!
On a side note: My camera is toast. :( I don't know when I will get a new one,so posts will be sporadic until I do.

1 comment:

The Mussertons said...

How wonderful Jen!!! I do remember how shy Josh was. He and Addy were always so similar. :) New beginings are exciting, once us moms adjust! ;)