Friday, February 1, 2013

It's cold! And other news...


 The kiddos were overjoyed to discover that not only did we get more snow (Wednesday) but it was a snow day as well! I was a little less overjoyed that I had already woken them and started breakfast before discovering this fact. Oopsies. It is currently icy and snowy and freezing cold and it's that time of year when I start going a little stir crazy and crave sunshine and warmth. It's supposed to warm up this weekend so yay to that!
        
                                             Ate his weight in snow.
                                           Snow ball!
                                Just rolling in this frozen precipitation, no big deal. It was on his face and he was laughing. Kids are just tougher.
                    Other things that are happening/have happened:
           -I'm still pretty bad at photographing things hence this boring post full of words. I'm working on it. I've been eating about 90% paleo for a month now and I feel great-better than great. This is something I will be doing  for the rest of my life, I really think I may have gluten/lactose/wheat issues or allergies because without them I have been a different person. Both kiddos will be in school next year full time (I think,we go back and forth on homeschooling P) and I have no idea what I'm going to do! I need to find a job where I get paid to read. 
          -Josh finished a month of b-ball and I took not a single picture. Mom of the year! He loves sports right now, which is not surprising because of his father but also a little surprising considering he showed little to no interest up until about 6 months ago. He knows more about football than I do right now. Josh moved up in his reading program at school again and is about to become a math wizard! Can't believe he's turning 7 in a couple of weeks..ahh!
           -Josh has also been doing cub scouts, again no pics...I am the worst! He was the first kid in his den? pack? to earn his tiger cub badge!
          -Jeromie has pretty much locked up his fantasy football win for this year-the trophy is coming home! And the $$$...which is all I care about. He shot himself through the wrist with a nailgun this week (he's fine now). Still working hard and doing side jobs, just not as often. Which has been nice because we all spend a lot more time together. That being said, Jeromie is such a joiner! He works a full time job, does side work on weekend/after work (not as often as before), is on the parks board, is Joshua's cub scout den/pack leader-and has been asked to take over the whole thing AND is training to be in charge of the soccer program for FC rec starting next year. He also does dishes and takes out the trash. Who does this guy think he is?
           -Eli just got back from a Caribbean cruise. Yep. He's still doing amazing things at school and soccer,soccer,soccering it up. Future olympian! Soccer causes our schedule to be wonky though and it can get me down sometimes:( Eli is 11 going on 25, but he still tells me everything and even talks to me about GIRLS! I know this won't last, it can't, right? But for now I feel privileged that he shares so much with me.
          -Peyton is still our unique little fireball! Current loves: dressing up, pretending, superheroes,Charlie and Lola and animals. He is whip smart, and creative-just ridiculously creative. He is the most cuddly and loving but also the most hot tempered-when he gets mad watch out! He has a love/hate relationship with school but he's been in love for a couple weeks straight now.
               
       
             

No comments: