Tuesday, November 29, 2011

New Christmas Tradition-Elf on the Shelf



This cheeky looking little elf is a scout elf sent to our home by Santa to watch the boys and report on their behavior. Every night he flies to the North Pole and gets back to our home by morning. The night he arrived Josh SWORE he saw him move several times. He kept saying, "Is this for real?....HE JUST MOVED!!! Did you see that?! I know I just saw him move!!!!" Hilarious. And a little creepy,but it's 90% adorable Christmas fun. I haven't been as creative as some of the Moms I've seen out there,but I'm afraid the kiddos (namely Peapod) will touch him if they can get close enough. Oh,in case you didn't know-you can't touch him or he loses his magic and can't fly to the North Pole. This doesn't phase Pea,he still wants to touch him. Hmph.
He's a pretty cute little guy and the boys seem to really like him so far,although this morning was only day 3 and they barely looked for him..the first 2 mornings they were so excited to see him move and this morning..meh. We'll see if it was a fluke tomorrow I guess. They named him Tinsel-which sounds a lot like Hansel which makes me think of Zoolander and every time I say his name I'm actually saying in my head "That Tinsel is so hot right now." +1000 points if you know what I'm talking about.

No comments: