Friday, April 1, 2011

Learning Activities....Letter E,Eggs,etc.

Peyton made a book about egg laying animals,I am too lazy to link today. So there.

Sorting Oviparous and Viviparous animals. Yeah,I could have just used "egg laying" and "non-egg laying",but that's lame. Kids are sponges,don't hide big words because you don't think they can handle them. Plus,when you are at the park and your kid says "Look at that bird Mommy! He is Oviparous!",you get to make the other moms feel inadequate about their animal classification skills. That's always fun.
A letter E egg carton. Another idea stolen from No Time For Flashcards,our go-to craft idea site.
Ee's on the Easel
Worksheets,because he ALWAYS wants them. The tongue is out and ready to help with concentration.
Playdough eggs!
Fun collaging activity
We've been studying India,but I have no pics. I use Unicef's Children Just Like Me book,and can't say enough good things about it. Each country features a child,and gives some info about his life-things that my children are interested in,like;his or her home,school,siblings,family,etc. The girl we learned about this week lives by the sea,and the kids thought that was really cool. We colored a map,added another pushpin to our world map,learned some Hindi (we were saying Namaste all week,which made me feel like I was in a Lost episode),colored the flag,and a mandala. We also played too much Mario on Wii :-/,and spent a lot of time outside-which is the BEST learning activity there is!

No comments: