We got a pound puppy! We've been discussing it for over a year now,after we got the okay from Josh's doctor. I was still worried,but this summer he spent a week in a small house with 2 dogs and didn't even need his meds-plus many sleepovers at G-ma Heidi's with her 2 doggies. Originally we wanted Sammy back,but he is adjusted and happy with his life on the farm and is pretty old. So,we started researching breeds and looking at different breeders. We decided it would be more humane to adopt a puppy rather than get one from a breeder,so off to the pound we went. The little boys REALLY wanted a kitty-I am NOT a cat person,but almost caved. I'm glad I didn't. We looked at Milo a couple of weeks ago and I wasn't sure yet...then after spending a weekend in Lincoln among dog people I had made up my mind. Milo is a mixed breed(part Doberman),3 months old,and S-M-A-R-T! He is house trained already(!!!) He goes straight to his *spot* in the yard to do his business,sits,stays,and is working on heeling. He is a pretty mellow puppy,he's good with the kiddos,plays fetch,and loves his mama(me). Seriously. He follows me everywhere:) We love our new puppy!!
Friday, October 22, 2010
Meet The Newest Member Of Our Family....
We got a pound puppy! We've been discussing it for over a year now,after we got the okay from Josh's doctor. I was still worried,but this summer he spent a week in a small house with 2 dogs and didn't even need his meds-plus many sleepovers at G-ma Heidi's with her 2 doggies. Originally we wanted Sammy back,but he is adjusted and happy with his life on the farm and is pretty old. So,we started researching breeds and looking at different breeders. We decided it would be more humane to adopt a puppy rather than get one from a breeder,so off to the pound we went. The little boys REALLY wanted a kitty-I am NOT a cat person,but almost caved. I'm glad I didn't. We looked at Milo a couple of weeks ago and I wasn't sure yet...then after spending a weekend in Lincoln among dog people I had made up my mind. Milo is a mixed breed(part Doberman),3 months old,and S-M-A-R-T! He is house trained already(!!!) He goes straight to his *spot* in the yard to do his business,sits,stays,and is working on heeling. He is a pretty mellow puppy,he's good with the kiddos,plays fetch,and loves his mama(me). Seriously. He follows me everywhere:) We love our new puppy!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Aww!! Milo is adorable and sounds like the perfect puppy!! I can't believe how big the boys are getting.
Post a Comment