Sunday, March 14, 2010

{Ouch}


Peyton broke his collarbone early Friday morning. 2:35am to be exact. He fell out of Josh's bed(he must have crawled into it in the middle of the night),I had taken the bed frame of of Josh's twin bed but he does not have a railing. I didn't think a railing was necessary as it is the same height as Peyton's toddler bed and Josh doesn't fall out anymore,even if he had I thought it is only maybe 18 inches to the floor-not a big fall. Well,apparently it was high enough for Peyton(he broke his collarbone at birth and the doctor said it makes it more susceptible to breaking) After a trip to the ER and X-Ray the doctor sent us home with tylenol,a sling and a very cranky and sore babe. Poor Peapod just sat on the couch/bed all of Friday whimpering. We watched way too much TV and read a gazillion books. He had a strange sleep schedule-napping between 4pm and 6:30pm and going to bed for the night at 9:30pm. By the next day he was back to his old rambunctious self and hasn't shown any signs of pain or discomfort. I can't get him to slow down! At least he is wearing his sling,which the doctor warned us he most likely would tear off. He goes in for another X-Ray in 2 weeks and hopefully will be all healed within 4 weeks.

2 comments:

The Mussertons said...

Oh no! Poor Peyton! He looks to be in good spirits though. You guys have had a rough last couple of weeks with medical issues. I hope spring turns that around!

Angela O said...

Poor Peyton! I hope it heals quickly!