Sunday, April 27, 2008

An apple a day.....

It's been a rough couple of weeks here in the Brown household! Last Tuesday after Peyton's 6:30am feeding I noticed he felt a little warm so I took his temp-it was 100.3 so I called the pediatrician's office as soon as they opened and they said to come in at 9:30 just to make sure everything was okay-they didn't sound concerned at all. Right before we left the house I took his temp again and it had gone up to 101.2-he had no other symptoms though,no cough,runny nose,vomitting,diarrhea,anything. When we got to the office the doctor looked him over but wasn't saying anything which scared me,then she said "We're going to have to go ahead and admit him to the hospital." Apparently because he is so young and had a fever with no symptoms they were worried that there could be some underlying condition cauing the fever. We went to the hospital for a battery of tests,blood draw,catheter for urine sample,spinal tap-I know-x-ray(where they discovered he had broken his collar bone during delivery!-it is healed now) He also go hooked up to an IV which looked so sad(see pics below) He did very well,it was definately much harder on me I think-I cried more than he did! We had to stay 72 hours to wait for all his cultures to come back negative(which they did) his fever ws gone shortly after they gave him Tylenol at the hospital and never returned. We were discharged on Friday of last week,the doctor thinks it was just a virus. Sunday afternoon I got a fever-which went away later in the day but I felt tired all day. Sunday night Josh woke in the middle of the night and had a fever and was vomiting-my fever was back too. We spent the next few days quarentined in Eli's room for fear of making Peyton sick again. It was the WORST flu we have ever had-Josh was close to going to the ER for dehydration. Today everyone is healthy(aside from E,who may have allergies) I don't want anymore illness for a LONG time!! Here are some sad looking pics of Peyton in the hospital.....

No comments: